Tuesday, July 18, 2017

My skin transforming skincare routine

It's been so long since I've done any kind of beauty post but I've been so focused on trying to improve my skin that I thought I'd share what I've been using and how it's all been going.

A little background. My skin is SHIT. I started wearing foundation back when I was around 15 because my skin is overly sensitive and always looks red and blotchy. Then I developed acne and I've been dealing with that on and off ever since. I recently, and stupidly, attempted to clear my broken out skin with Benzoyl peroxide. I already new that my skin would react badly to it but I did it anyway thinking "maybe this time it will be different". It wasn't. My skin became super red and super dry. The skin around my eyes puffed up and at one point somebody even mentioned it looked like I'd been punched in the eye!

My skin is MUCH better at the moment and I put it down to the products I've been using so thought I'd share them!

Trilogy cleansing balm - I am guilty of going straight in with a cleanser without first removing my makeup. This is the first cleansing balm I have ever used and it has lasted me a really long time and I love it! I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out.

Avene gentle milk cleanser - I really like this as it's just a really simple, really gentle cleanser that also has lasted me a really long time. I was a little disappointed to learn that they may in fact not be a cruelty free brand so once I run out I'll be replacing with something else.

Proactive toner - This is my all time favourite affordable toner. It has transformed and evened out my skin tone better than anything else ever has!

NIP+FAB glycolic scrub - Although I have sensitive skin I love a good exfoliator! This one is amazing. Be warned it is VERY scrubby but it works wonders. And this product has also lasted me a long time as a little bit goes a long way.

The Ordinary salicylic acid - My skin reacts much much better to salicylic acid than it does to benzoyl peroxide. I've been using this for a couple of weeks and I already love it. What I love about this brand is how no frills it is. If you know what ingredient you need for your skin issues then it's as simple as buying it. There is no flashy branding confusing you and no issues deciphering the ingredients lists!

The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid - Since my skin was super dehydrated & also oily after using the benzoyl peroxide I knew I needed something to fix it. This little bottle of goodness completely saved me! It only took about a week of using this before my skin was back (if not better) to its previously hydrated state! I LOVE THIS and it is definitely going to be sticking around in my skincare routine for a while.

Olay moisturising cream - This is okay. I find it so hard to choose a moisturiser & will probably switch this out once I'm done since they are not cruelty free. I do like how thick this moisturiser is though and it doesn't break me out. I would love some recommendations on just a normal moisturiser for sensitive skin. 

It seems like I use a lot of products but this is really working for my skin at the moment so I'm going with it. I still have a lot of marks and maybe even scars left over from old spots that seem to be slowly slowly fading. The best thing is my skin is no longer crazy oily like it was previously and my foundation has been staying put!

I'd love to hear about some of your favourite skin care products if you'd like to share them in the comments!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment