Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Toddler tantrums & to do lists

It's been another crappy week to be honest. Madeleine's really turning up the volume as far as toddler tantrums go and it's been really testing. On top of that we have also had some teething and on my side some MAJOR PMS. Safe to say it's been quite miserable around here. BUT some good has come out of it. I decided to go on a slight health kick (yeah, again) give up a few things and make an effort to make some healthier choices. I know I will NEVER be the picture of perfect healthy eating but I can make a little bit of effort and every little bit helps.
















I've also decided to give up on to do lists. Anyone who has ever had a toddler before knows that it's pretty much impossible to get anything done & the stress of looking at my list and not being able to do any of it was causing me a little bit of anxiety. "I've got so much to do" & "I can't get anything done" pretty much became the most common phrases in my vocabulary. Well enough is enough. My priority is my daughter and not the meaningless tasks on my ever growing to do list. So it is gone & I am allowing myself to breath a little and slow down and not worry so much. It's easier said than done because I'm still constantly worrying about the future but hopefully soon I will start to settle down and be able to just enjoy life as it is now.
















Other than that, not much has happened this week. It's all gone by in such a big blur. Each day felt as if it morphed into the next and I am looking forward to a new week and a fresh perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment