Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Sick

I'm not the most outdoorsy person, especially in the Summer but I was so excited to take Madeleine to the beach for the first time. My brother drove us up to the beach in Barwon Heads where my sister in law and I had a ball watching Maddie discover the ocean. My brother did a bit of fishing off the bridge whilst we were swimming and we ALMOST got Maddie to kiss a fish but it squirmed around and scared her. She can be quite the scaredy cat.

























Unfortunately the fun stopped there. The night after going to the beach Madeleine was sick. The next day I wasn't feeling so great myself not to mention the sunburn I endured! I was not made to be outside. I had thought maybe it was heat exhaustion or something but turned out we were lucky enough to have picked up a bit of Gastro. Safe to say we spent majority of the next few days on the couch in front of the television. 

























After what felt like a really slow recovery the end of the week became rather emotional for me. Madeleine was to go and spend some time with her dad. I was to have a free day to myself. I dreaded it and it was so hard waving goodbye to her. I held it together on the outside but on the inside I was a mess. I've never really had a free day without her before. Yes she stays with other people while I'm at work or when I've been sick but never like this. Luckily I had planned a shopping day so I kept busy and it made it a lot easier. I actually ended up quite enjoying getting a real actual break from parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment