Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Change

Most of this week I spent coming to terms with becoming a single Mum. Yes, for those that haven't clued on yet my daughter and I are currently living at my Mums house with hopes we will be able to go home soon. I was really up and down this week. Some days I felt like my life was completely over and the only thing I thought about was how on earth I was going to be able to afford anything ever again. Other days I felt like this would be the perfect opportunity to push myself to do some of the things I've wanted to do for a long time and completely transform myself. Like, going back to school.

























I'm not really one to show a lot of emotion but I've been completely overwhelmed with the amount of support I have received from my friends and family. I think if I didn't have such great supportive people in my life I wouldn't be able to keep "looking on the bright side" as I've been trying so hard to do. 

Anyway, this week wasn't very eventful aside from my life being completely turned upside down. I still managed to go to work and get out of the house. Spent a lot of time trying to apply for single parenting benefits and researching courses I could possibly do. I've been leaning towards something in the field of counselling and social work. 

























I think the hardest thing for me right now is the not knowing part. Having no control over my life and being unable to plan for anything because I have no idea what my finances are going to look like until my benefits come through. I'm looking forward to a time when I can find a bit more routine and get back into a bit of a "groove". I'm terrified my life will just become about surviving rather than thriving.




No comments:

Post a Comment