Thursday, November 24, 2016

Small changes

My life right now is lacking serious direction and passion. I don't know what I'm doing. I have everything. My life is great. But nothing particularly interesting is happening. I'm not working towards anything. Maybe that's why I started blogging and haven't really blogged. There isn't really anything to blog about aside from standard day to day things. 

Since I really have absolutely nothing going on that needs my attention I thought in this huge lull I would focus my attention on making some small changes in hopes it might lead me to do what I'm supposed to do next. So what am I doing? What am I adding into my life that I hope will give me that little bit of oomph that I'm looking for?
























+ Bullet journalling

After declaring that I don't like Bullet journalling I went back on my word and decided to try it out. I like it. I like the simplicity of it and my hope is, aside from making me way more productive, that I will be able to look back on my daily logs and start to see patterns & things that stand out and reveal a bigger picture of where my life could possibly be going.

+ Meditation

I think I'm kind of hoping for the same kind of thing to happen through meditation. I'm a little embarrassed to tell people openly that I'm trying it out. Maybe people will think I am strange. But it's supposed to help with mindfulness and is said to increase your happiness by 10%. Who wouldn't want to be a little bit happier?

+ Exercise

I'm trying AGAIN to bring proper exercise back into my life mainly for health reasons. Mostly my mental health. Exercise is supposed to make you happier too and can help with anxiety and increase energy. I have always hated exercise but we'll see how it goes.

+ Reading

I love to read but I am easily distracted with my never ending to do list that I hardly ever make time to do it. Lately I have been waking up earlier so I can read in the morning and I am loving it. I was in the habit of laying around in bed in the morning even though I was clearly not tired. But since I love reading it's become this great reason for me to just get up. I really hope I can stick with this little habit.

I think it's really important to keep re-evaluating our lives and adding and subtracting things from them. It's easy to get sucked into the same routine day in and day out. I'm already starting to feel a little more "alive" again just buy making these four small changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment