Tuesday, November 15, 2016

DIY - Chore Chart

I strive on organisation. Without routine, structure and planning I feel so out of control and everything seems to just get on top of me. I've been wanting to make a chore chart for quite a while now and I thought I'd share how I made it. It's really cheap and really simple. The best kind of DIY.


























YOU WILL NEED: 
- A blackboard of some description. I found this clipboard blackboard at my local dollar store but you could use anything similar or even paint a regular clipboard with blackboard paint.
- Chalk
- Wooden pegs
&
- A pen




















































For this simple DIY the first thing you need to do is set up your chore chart however you see fit! I opted for a daily chores section, weekly chores, a to do list, a shopping list & down the bottom I also added a monthly chores section. I just went ahead and labeled each section accordingly.

























Now it's time to label your pegs! Write down all of the chores you wish to put on your chore chart. This is what I did:

- DAILY CHORES: Clean counters, make beds, laundry, empty dishwasher, do dishes, tidy up, take out rubbish.

- WEEKLY CHORES: Bathrooms, dust, vacuum, mop, sheets & towels, catch up, meal planning & groceries. I also labelled these with the day of the week I want to complete them on.

- MONTHLY CHORES: clean appliances, windows, cabenits & outdoors. These are the chores I will try to do monthly, doing one each week.

























The idea is that as you complete each task you remove the peg. I decided that also meant I needed a container to keep the pegs in so I just used a glass jar I already had and tied some string around the top to make it look a little bit pretty!


There you have it! An easy DIY chore chart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment