Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Melbourne





















Over the weekend I took Maddie into Melbourne for the first time. She went on a train for the first time. She saw skyscrapers for the first time. She saw street performers for the first time. There were a whole heap of firsts. I'm sure I was the only one who was excited by this but from this perspective Melbourne just seemed so different all of a sudden. Then I started thinking, why do we all strive to travel so far to other countries and experience other culture's yet a lot of us hardly ever bother to explore what is right in front of us. Isn't being involved and experiencing our own home just as important as world travel? I think, when you live somewhere you kind of don't want to act like a tourist. You take where you are for granted because you see it everyday. It's not as exciting because you can go there anytime. But then, you don't end up really going there at all. I'm a little inspired now to explore my home a lot more and take advantage of everything that it has to offer.























No comments:

Post a Comment